Congratulations on making an amazing choice for your health, fitness and performance! We aren’t looking for nutrition perfection. We want you to build healthy habits that continue long after the challenge is done.
Let’s Get Started
1) Print your checklist (CLICK HERE). Your Daily Checklist has all the food rules listed, as well as instructions for the three tracking options (Health / Fitness / Performance).
2) Join the Facebook group (CLICK HERE). Our Facebook accountability group will keep you working hard towards your goals! For added accountability, we recommend logging your nutrition choices throughout the day and posting your meals before bed.
3) GOLD OPTION: Get your “Before” InBody Scan. Come in on Monday, April 29 or Tuesday, April 30th between 8am-6pm for your “Before” InBody scan. Our front desk staff can help you with your scan. While the morning is the best time for a scan, consistency is the most important part.
To ensure accurate results:
– Do not eat for 3-4 hours before testing.
– Do not exercise for 6-12 hours before testing.
– Ensure access to both feet with removable footwear and socks.
– Do not drink caffeine on the day of your test and be well hydrated.
NEW for 2019: Choose a Health, Fitness or Performance Version.
We want to meet you where you’re at, so we’ve created three challenge options: Health, Fitness and Performance. Go the whole day while sticking to the nutrition rules for your challenge (See Checklist) and you get a checkmark for the day! Need an extra push? Choose 1-2 Lifestyle Bonuses to achieve on top of the Food Rules.
Weekly Checklist Goals
One again, we aren’t looking for perfect. We’re looking for better than before. You need to eat clean for the whole day to get your checkmark, but we’ve added in a little wiggle room throughout the week. What does this look like? It doesn’t mean your off-days should be free-for-alls. Maybe it’s your child’s bday party and you have a piece of cake. That’s worth losing one check. Don’t use this an excuse to erase all the good you did the rest of the week, but allow yourself a little flexibility to live your life.
Health: Aim for 4 ✓s per Week
Fitness: Aim for 5-6 ✓s per Week
Performance: Aim for 6-7 ✓s per Week
Let’s Break Down the Food Rules:
No Processed Foods (H/F/P): If it’s made in a factory, sold in a package and has ingredients you can’t envision in their natural state… don’t eat it. For example: natural nut butter, jarred tomato sauces or frozen veggies are all fine as long as the ingredients are clean and do not include any chemicals, fake food products, grains, starch or sugar. Sausages from a reputable butcher are fine as long as you verify that the ingredient list is clean.
No (Added) Sugar (H/F/P): No table sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, coconut sugar, date syrup, stevia, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, honey or any other added sugars. Check your labels! Fruit is fine (natural sugars), but limit it to one or two servings a day. Learn why we’re avoiding sugar.
No Alcohol (H/F/P): This includes beer, gin, whiskey, red wine… you get the jist.
No Grains (F/P): No breads, tortillas or wraps are the obvious ones, but we are also asking you to exclude wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, sprouted grains, and all gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa, amaranth, and buckwheat. Learn why we’re avoiding grains.
No Legumes (P): This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanut (no peanut butter). This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh and edamame. Learn why we’re avoiding legumes.
What Should You Eat Instead?
Meat and lots of veggies, nuts and seeds, some fruit and a little dairy. Always prioritize whole foods. Click here for more info on clean eating.
If you have any questions, post them in our Facebook Accountability Group and we’ll get back to you ASAP. If you have checklist questions, you can also check in with the CrossFit Winnipeg front desk or your coach on duty.