Top 5 Reasons why we called this a “Real Food Challenge”
1. According to the Webster Miriam Dictionary “real” is “not artificial, fraudulent, or illusory”. This is exactly how we want you to eat.
2. According to the Webster-Miriam Dictionary “food” is “material consisting essentially of protein, carbohydrate, and fat used in the body of an organism to sustain growth, repair, and vital processes and to furnish energy”. Everything we recommend for this challenge fits the bill and don’t bother eating anything that doesn’t.
3. According to the Webster-Miriam dictionary a “challenge” is a stimulating task or problem. This is certainly a task and we hope it will stimulate positive change.
4. We didn’t want to use the word “Diet”. This implies a temporary measure or a fad whereas we want a lifelong change.
5. We didn’t want to use the word “Paleo” for fear you would go out and buy a $45 “Paleo Chocolate Cake” made with a ton of Stevia or agave nectar. For details, read this blog post from PaNu, originaly contributed by Kimberly last week.
Please post breakfast to comments…