Fitness, Health & Performance:
A. Test your max strict pullups
B. 8 sets, every 2 minutes for 16 minutes:
3 clean & jerk
REST & RECOVERY DAY (double day tomorrow or Sunday)
A. Aerobic Restoration
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Row (focus on mechanics, efficiency, low stroke rate)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
B.Mobility and Maintenance
* Go to Mobility Class
– AND/OR –
* spend 1 hour on mobility or yoga on your own
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, RMT, trigger point, acupuncture, etc…)
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the weekend.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries. Try to get outside close to nature if you can.
For Part A we are looking to test out how many strict pullups we can do. You can try both pronated and supinated grip. If you don’t have strict chinups or pullups yet, today is a great day to try. However, you will also want to use this time to do some strength work. I recommend so higher intensity work like negative and then add in some more volume via strict banded pullups or ring rows with various grips. The coach can help you figure out a good strength routine for the day. For Part B, compare to October 22nd. You can build up the weight as you go but you won’t have quite as much rest as last time. If you are new to the Olympic lifts, your coach might recommend doing pulls or just working on the part of the movement you need to practice, rather than doing a full clean & jerk. If you have experience with this lift, you can do power clean or squat clean and power jerk or split jerk, your choice, but try to hit the same weights as you did on Oct 22nd. If you don’t have a muscle-up but are close you can do a scaled down muscle-up like a “toenail muscle-up” or a jumping muscle-up, but if you are currently working on things like a strict pullup and a ring support I would recommend a going to paralette shoot throughs with pushup and dip or working on pulling strength and pushing strength as per your coach’s recommendations.