New this week:
* Congrats to everyone who participated in the Open and supported our athletes! Join us for our Open wind up party on Friday, April 4th at 7PM for a potluck and party. We’ll be awarding some prizes and sharing some great food. The theme for the evening is: “Would you be my friend if I CrossFit in this?”
* CFW is happy to announce that Bryan Cobb, Massage Therapist and Trigger Point Specialist will be taking appointments and treating members on Saturdays starting April 12th. You’ll be able to book at reception and get a massage after your Saturday workout! Please book by speaking to someone at reception.
* Schedule Changes for April: We’ve moved our Tuesday evening Yoga class to the On Ramp Room or Yoga room and it will now be at 7:15PM, so that means that our regular 8PM class in the main gym is back on the schedule. Bring your mat and stay for a while to chill, breathe and open up those shoulders and hips. Weekend classes are back to pre-Open scheduling. Thursday and Friday AM Barbell club cancelled for now.
* We’ll be starting our annual Spring Leaning Nutrition and Lifestyle Challenge in the next two weeks. We’ll be taking next week to prep and do our “before” measurements, then we officially start the challenge on April 14th for 6 weeks, then 1 more week to do our “after” measures. We’ll have options to participate at no charge or more expensive options including various measurements, which will have a bigger cash prize up for grabs. Details will be posted this week.
* Check out this cool little tool called the WOD Generator, which you can use to create partner workouts or travel workouts for when you are away from the gym. It was created by our friends Peter and Bryan, at HenHub. Here’s how you can save it on your smartphone. We’ve added a link under the Members section on the website.
Programming Preview for this week
This week we start a brand new programming cycle. The next 2-3 weeks will see lots of single arm and single leg work, core work and shoulder and hip stability work.
Monday: Mostly Lower Body stability and core work
Tuesday: Mostly Upper body shoulder stability and core work
Wednesday: Conditioning & core work
Thursday: Mostly Lower Body hip stability and core work
Friday: Mostly Upper Body shoulder stability and core work
Saturday: Mostly Lower Body hip stability and core work
Sunday: Skills, Make-Up or Benchmark
Spoiler Alert: Click HERE to see the details of this week’s programming.