CFW Weekly Update for October 27th, 2019
- Week 4 of the open! – We’ll be running the Open workout all day on Friday, with the main event being the evening class. Sunday is your make-up day.
- We’ve got a class schedule update coming up starting in Mid November, we’ve had a few requests for classes on the hour, so we’ll be giving that a try for Tuesdays and Thursdays. That means you will need to check the schedule as not all the days of the week will be the same schedule. Thanks!
- No classes Remembrance day, as we cannot be open before 1pm, however we will have a Team Workout in the afternoon, time TBD.
- Effective Tuesday Nov 12th, evening classes will be on the hour Tuesdays and Thursdays. There will be a CrossFit class at 5pm and 6pm and a Bootcamp class at 7pm.
- We are hosting the Manitoba Provincial Weightlifting Championships on November 23rd. We’d love to have you come out and watch, there will be a reduced class schedule with classes in the back room on that day.
- Reception office hours will be changing effective Nov 1st: 9 to 5 Monday to Thursday and 9 to 1PM on Friday.
This week we have Single-arm Press on Monday, Powerclean on Tuesday, and Box Stepups on Wednesday.
Monday we have Single-arm Db Press and a Muscular Burn Workout. Warmup is Hot Potato and Mixed Movements in Remaining Time. Single-arm Db Press is Building to a Heavy 3-5 Reps. Prep is HSPU and Pistol Review. Workout is 50s stations with 10s transitions moving from more technical movements in part 1 to more basic movements in part 2. Extra Credit is Scap and Glute Accessory with some Stretching. Goal: 300+ Reps.
Tuesday is a Snatch and Overhead Squat complex and Breathe & Burn Intervals. Warmup is Weightlifting Specific Prep. Happy Birthday Coach Tara! Extra Credit is Flushing and Mobility.
Wednesday it’s Box Stepups and a Breathe & Burn Workout. Warmup is Partner Core, Hip, and Shoulder Prep. Box Stepups are 5 Sets of 5 Building. Prep is Kb Snatch Review and Practice. Workout is Kb Snatch and Front Rack Lunges into a 150m Shuttle run and then Repeat on the other side. Extra Credit is Core and Mobility. Goal: 3+ Rounds.
Thursday will be a long Breathing Workout. Warmup is Crabby Collector and Front/Back Scales in Remaining Time. Prep is Doubleunder Review and Practice. Workout is 40 minutes smooth of mixed movements monostructural movements, a Sled Push, and a Farmers Carry. Extra Credit is Mobility. Goal: Keep Moving.
Friday is OPEN or a Full Body Burn Workout and a Core Finisher. Warmup is Dynamic Mobility and a Barbell Complex. Prep is Thruster and CtB Review and Practice. Workout is Ascending Reps of Thrusters and CtB Pullups for 7 min. Finisher is Mixed Core Accessory. Extra Credit is Shoulder and Scap Mobility.
Saturday is a Partner Breathe & Brace Workout. Warmup is Partner Movements with a Shuttle Run in between. Prep is Deadlift Review and Building to Workout Weight. Workout is 4 min AMRAP in Partners of Heavy Deadlifts, Bar facing Burpees and Doubleunders done 5 times with a 1 min Rest in between. Extra Credit is Arm Accessory. Goal: 8+ Rounds
Monday – Full body / Cardio / Running; run/row, push ups, box jumps, jumping lunges, body builders
Tuesday – Bro Camp; plate pinch farmer carry, OH walk, 1-and-a-quarter bench, BB bent over row, bicep curls, shoulder press
Wednesday – Full body / Cardio; DB snatch ladder, run/row, KB swings, burpees, knee raises
Thursday – Butt Camp; Back squats, banded clam shell, Bulgarian split squat, single leg step up
Friday – Partner Workout; row/bike, plate hops, DB hang clean, sled drag, burpees
Saturday – 3 Person Team Workout; row/run, wall balls, jump rope, pullups, bike, abmat situps, DB snatch, tire flips
Sunday – Unilateral pressing and deadlifts, EMOM with KB complex, bear crawls and plate lifts, accessory finisher