CrossFit Winnipeg is issuing a challenge for 6 weeks: we challenge you to eat real foods, get moving, and get your sleep on track in order to improve your health, fitness, performance, and of course, look better naked!
This year’s challenge is meant to set you up for success no matter your current nutrition habits. It’s not about depriving yourself, it’s about making incremental improvements to your daily habits so that you can make lasting changes. The challenge consists of four main components:
(1) A seminar to kick off the 6 weeks – During this seminar we’ll give you the tools and strategies you need to improve your nutrition and get the results you want during the challenge. The focus will be on what to eat. We’ll provide meal ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and we’ll discuss strategies for meal prep, and we’ll cover portions, supplements, and lifestyle components.
(2) Daily checklist & food journaling – The bulk of the challenge relates to eating whole foods and tracking . All participants will have a daily checklist to use to track how they are doing on a day to day basis. You’ll be allotted points for things like eating whole foods, and ditching sugar and bad fats. This year, we are giving you lots of flexibility, you get to choose what you want to focus on for your lifestyle points.
(3) Accountability & Support – This is a game changer! We are setting up a private Facebook group for all of our challengers, which you will use to log your foods. This can be as simple as photos or you can summarize in point form. In addition, Gary will be leading some Q&A support meetings at the 2 week mark and the 4 week mark of the challenge so that you can have some facetime with your coaches and fellow challengers.
(4) Metrics to track your success – We’ll be doing a benchmark workouts as well as taking waist and hip measurements before and after the challenge. You are encouraged to also take photos. Gold Challenge participants will use the Inbody Scan to track bodyfat before and after the challenge. Winners will be announced at the end of the 6 weeks and the Gold Challenger who loses the most bodyfat will win half of the cash pot, not to mention all the glory!
GOLD LEVEL: $120
Includes before and after benchmark workout, fat loss seminar, points checklist and daily tips and challenges, before and after Inbody scan measurements and 2 accountability meetings.
Winners based on most improved InBody measurements, and must have a completed food journal, points checklist, and benchmark workout. Cash prizes will be awarded based on size of pot.
BRONZE LEVEL: $30
Gives you access to the nutrition seminar, the points check list and the accountability via Facebook group and Q&A meetings. No InBody scans or cash prizes. However, we’ll be entering all the Bronze participants names into a raffle to win an InBody scan at the end of the challenge!
Interested? Here’s what you have to do…
- Read the descriptions above and decide which version of the challenge you want to do.
- Register for the challenge.
- Save the date. We’ll kick off the challenge with a seminar and a benchmark workout on Saturday April 14th at noon.
- Set aside some time between April 12th and April 15th to take some measurements and photos. Everyone will take waist and hip circumference and Gold Challengers will need to come in for an InBody scan on those days. Gold Challengers, please come to the gym during one of the following time slots to get your InBody scan. You do not need to book a time if you come during these time slots.
- Thursday 10am to 11am
- Friday 5pm to 6pm
- Saturday 9am to noon
- Sunday 10am to 11am